To help ensure the best experience, we have developed the following house rules, which defines unacceptable behaviors within the Biotickr community.
Disagreement and debate about ideas, securities and markets is encouraged within the community, however attacking other members or contributors is not a constructive form of debate. The following behaviors are not permitted:
- Insults & Harassment: You may not send messages that insult or harass another person on Biotickr.
- Threats: You may not send messages that threaten another person on Biotickr or anyone.
- Derogatory Language: You may not send messages that are derogatory or racist against a particular group of people on Biotickr.
- Vulgarity: You should not use vulgarity in a tagged message or within your Biotickr username or profile.
Spam and Promotion Definitions
Many members who participate in the Biotickr community are actively involved in the business of finance and markets. While we encourage participation from everyone, we ask that your actions on the site focus predominantly on sharing ideas and information, not on directly promoting products and services to other members or on trying to draw attention to yourself in ways that are product promotional. Below are activities that we consider spam.
- Linking to a landing page or sales pitch instead of the idea or content promised in the message is spam.
- Sending unsolicited replies, mentions, or direct messages promoting a paid service or product is spam.
- Tagging a message or link that has little or nothing to do with the $TICKER is spam.
- Posting the same, or very similar, messages or links multiple times is spam.
- Sending messages promoting gains on trades that you did not originally share on Biotickr is spam.
- Following large numbers of users for the purpose of soliciting follows is spam.
- Liking messages for the purpose of soliciting follows is spam.
It is ok to link to a page that includes an ad to a paid service, email list or other sign-in as long as the primary content on that page and highlighted in the original message is available to all users without having to take any additional action.
Cheerleading, Bashing, and Manipulation
With any discussion about stocks, it is critical to the community that there be no manipulation or misinformation whether attempting to manipulate or not. We encourage members to disclose positions as part of the discussion.
- Sending messages with the intent of moving a stock.
- Sending repeated overly positive or negative messages about a particular stock without new or substantive information.
- Spreading false rumors about a particular stock or anything else.
- Distributing links to websites known to manipulate stocks.
- You may not impersonate executives of companies. You may not impersonate anyone.
- You may not coerce others to increase the visibility of your post. You may not coerce at all.
- Creating multiple accounts to message about a particular stock, duplicate messages or otherwise violate these House Rules.
Any of these actions may result in suspension.
Other Unacceptable Posting Types
- You may not post nudity of any kind.
- You may not reveal personal information of anyone without their consent.